Monday, August 30, 2010

El Cid Versus the Mosque, Part 8

El Cid

I just got back from the wild hinterlands of Southwest Virginia, where I helped the future Baron move into his new digs. I’m still catching up with the email (y’all never slow down, do you?), so I may not post anything but this and the news feed tonight.

Below is the eighth of seventeen parts of the classic 1961 movie El Cid, starring Charlton Heston and Sophia Loren. The series will run on weekdays until 9-10. It’s part of the El Cid Project, which is a response to the proposed Ground Zero mosque:


Visit the El Cid Project for more information, and see Part 1 for a fuller explanation of what this is about. Here are Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, and Part 7.

[Post ends here]

1 comments:

Siegetower said...

Thank you Gates of Vienna. I once caught the end of this film in the middle of the day one random Sunday and thought it looked good. This series has motivated me to go out and purchase the DVD. While it's still a movie representation of history I am just learning, I'm watching it with keen interest.